Hailing from Dun Laoghaire and in Wellington since 2002, I have two daughters (Siofra and Dara) and am married to Caroline from Clare. I have been involved in the Wellington Irish Society since 2012.... or thereabouts, and lucky to have been given the honour to lead the Committee in 2019.
I am from Skibbereen Co Cork and have lived in Wellington for over 20 years now. I joined the society in 2013 after I had my son Billy because I wanted him to know what being Irish was all about. The Society is a great way to connect and a place where people understand you without having to explain too much. I have made friends for life on this committe. We are a funny lot.
The 2022/23 Committee of the Wellington Irish Society is:
- Patricia Given, President (President@wellingtonirishsociety.com)
- Margaret Grealish, Vice President
- Eugene Brennan, Vice President
- Jackie McCully,Treasurer (Treasurer@wellingtonirishsociety.com)
- Orla Carmody, Secretary (Secretary@wellingtonirishsociety.com)
- Hazel Potterton
- Laura Kelly
- Shelle O'Hare
- Ian Long
- Maureen Cahill