Hailing from Dun Laoghaire and in Wellington since 2002, I have two daughters (Siofra and Dara) and am married to Caroline from Clare. I have been involved in the Wellington Irish Society since 2012.... or thereabouts, and lucky to have been given the honour to lead the Committee in 2019.
I am a proud native of Cork City. I came to Aotearoa New Zealand on a one year working holiday in 2001! I met a South Taranaki man Andrew and that sealed the connection. Andrew and I have two boys Conor and Aidan both proudly born in Dublin, they tell me their hearts are green. I joined the Wellington Irish Committee in 2019 and it is a wonderful opportunity to connect with and give back the Irish community in Wellington.
The 2019/20 Committee of the Wellington Irish Society is:
- Ian Long, President (President@wellingtonirishsociety.com)
- Margaret Grealish, Vice President
- Eugene Brennan, Vice President
- Caolan Keegan,Treasurer (Treasurer@wellingtonirishsociety.com)
- Orla Carmody, Secretary (Secretary@wellingtonirishsociety.com)
- Conor Clerkin
- Jackie McCully
- Maureen Cahill
- Helen Rook
- Patricia Given